Friday, 22 August 2008

Wednesday 30th July - Pieve Fosciana to Roma

Well, despite yesterday's misgivings about the possible disasters of today, it actually turned out quite well. I've managed to blag free laundry and unwittingly also got the use of internet for free all day, along with a very cheap train ticket from Lucca to Roma. Yes, that's right, a train ticket.



I can't help but feel like I've been really hammering it recently and waking this morning after and undeservedly restless night, I decided to cycle down to Lucca and have a little look around this beautiful walled Tuscan city, before getting the train to Rome.


The Tiber

It was more a matter of necessity than laziness, as my budget is already stretched enough and Rome is not going to be a cheap place, so I traded in a couple of days cycling budget for a cheap dorm bed and train ticket.

No comments: